This trip is currently FULL but email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist!
** MUST register and pre-pay through the dive shop in order to participate. Registration information below. **
We’re joining forces with the Diver’s Paradise team and University of Miami’s Rescue a Reef to host a scuba trip with a purpose – removing marine debris from the reef! We will meet at 8:00 AM to sign waivers and retrieve rental gear. There will be a yoga flow you’re welcome to join led by Alli from Corepower Yoga from 8:30–9:15 AM. *Bliss* After that, DFO and RAR will do introductions — our team will speak about the harmful impacts of marine debris and plastic pollution, and then go over how to safely conduct a scuba cleanup. RAR will then walk us through how to do coral restoration! After the briefings, we will head offshore to 2 sites on Florida’s Coral Reef to scuba dive and pick up any marine debris and trash that we find. After each dive, we will collect marine debris data to submit to PADI Project AWARE and the Ocean Conservancy for future use by educators, researchers, and policy-makers.
This is important — to formally reserve a space, please:
1) follow this link to the Diver’s Paradise calendar
2) navigate to our Debris Free Oceans and Rescue a Reef event listed Saturday, July 15th and click “Book This Trip”
3) enter the Invitation Code: WomenDive23
4) follow prompts and enter your information
5) select “tanks but no tanks, I have my own” (if diving) as they are included on our expedition
6) select any gear rentals you may need
7) submit reservation